Sitting is the new smoking. Sitting for long hours at a stretch, is simply not good for your body! When you're sitting at a desk, you're inactive and that could lead to serious health issues.
Studies show that long sitting hours can lead to:
● Higher risk of breast and colon cancer
● Greater risk of developing high blood pressure, kidney disease, heart disease
● Back, neck, shoulder, and head pain
Why choose a height-adjustable table/sit-stand desk?
Sit to stand desks are fat-fighting, energy-boosting, pain-reducing, productivity-increasing, team-building workspace solutions. It's no wonder that sit-stand desks (or stand-up desks or sit-to-stand desks or height adjustable desks) are becoming increasingly popular.
Here are a few of the benefits of the HATs:
● Standing stimulates circulation, which sends more oxygen and nutrients to your brain.
● 10 minutes of standing is all it takes to increase focus.
● Standing and moving in small bursts throughout the day increases overall energy levels.
● Standing periodically throughout the day, you can dramatically reduce back pain.
● Standing burns more calories
● Encourages collaboration and team interactions
● Easy transition from standing to sitting and vice versa.
How to find the right work table for you?
While choosing an adjustable height table, it's important to ensure that you consider all the options and thoughtfully evaluate how you or your people will use them. A practical option would be setting up shared sit-stand workstations throughout the office for people to use as needed. It is a premium solution compared to traditional workstations, but the benefits are numerous.
Here are a few things to consider while choosing:
● Choose for a bigger height range so that more people of different heights can use it
● More depth in the work surface will give people more freedom to work
● A mechanism should not be loud and distracting to others
● Quicker speed of movement of the desk
● Electricity access to the desk
● The weight-bearing capacity of the desk
● Programmable settings for different heights
● Choice of screens and colors
How to use a sit to stand desk correctly?
Using a sit to stand desk correctly seems to be very straight forward. You stand…You Work! However, if you follow a few tips, you will get the best results from your dynamic desk.
Here is the step by step instructions on how to use a sit to stand desk, based on your height and requirements:
1. Standing Posture
● Stand straight and lift/lower the desk to your elbow height. Bend the elbows at a 90-degree angle.
● Keep your shoulders back and keep your wrists neutral
● Save your custom height setting so you can easily transition between sitting and standing without interrupting your workflow
2. Sitting Posture
● Adjust the height of your chair so that the top of the seat cushion is parallel to the base of your knees.
● Bend your elbows at a 90-degree angle and Raise or lower your adjustable desk until its surface reaches the bottom of your forearms
● Your hands should float over the keyboard with straight, relaxed wrists and sit in an upright posture
Through insightful research and considering all the requirements of a dynamic workstation, we have designed UP1 Height Adjustable Table. Click here to learn more about UP1 and embrace a new dynamic way of working.